THIS BLOG HAS SHIFTED. YOU CAN NOW FIND IT HERE

Thursday, January 22, 2009

100-word Election Speeches - Part 3

Link to introduction & Part 1.
Link to Part 2.

The elections are getting closer and closer. Parties have made their guest-lists. They are preparing their manifestoes and their bullet-points. People are talking Ram & stocking rum. Old leaders are trying to make news. While new candidates are making old noises. In all this buzz, here are some more suggestions for quick, snappy, speeches.

Sanjay Dutt - Oy there. Vote for me, ok. I want to be PM. My career started in a
Rocky manner. But I soon made a Naam for myself. The Mumbai Blasts were a Kaante in my flesh because people thought I had made our Dushman into my Saajan. So I was called Khalnayak and kept in Kabzaa for possessing Hathyaar. But now I’m back with a Dhamaal. I fail to understand why, just because I’m a movie star, I’ve become the Dutt of all jokes. Believe me, I’m a man of deep conviction – 6 years to be precise. So vote for me and vote for a muscular India. Sanjay ka Haath, Arm Aadmi ke Saath.

Mamata Banerjee - Farmers, and former farmers. This is your Didi standing before you asking for your vote. These industrialists want your land to set up plants. What for I say? Don’t farmers anyway grow plants? Industry? Na, no, never. I will ban progress. After all, people respectfully call me Bannerjee. Your Didi will make a great PM. With the constant terrorist threat, we need a PM capable of ordering surgical strikes. Or even, if necessary, a nuclear strike. And I am a veteran of strikes. Auto strike, lawyer strike and so on. So vote for me and let us restore Farm Rajya in this country.

Raj Thackeray - Manoos & er.. womanoos. Make me PM and I promise to protect our borders. I’ll ban everything Pakistani. Singers, sportsmen, jugglers. Movies like Pakeezah. Sweets like Mysore Pak. Even games like Pakman. You see, by eliminating all peaceful visitors, we can attack any Pakistani on the street because he, then, must be a terrorist. Of course, if he’s armed, we’ll let our Bhaiyyas in NSG handle it. I’ll spread Marathi around India, signboard by signboard. Marathi is music to my ears and I love music. Especially violence. And sometimes, I play the loot. I am well educated, in the famous Goon School, where I studied the work of the poet Burns. Unlike my uncle, I have Bals. So please vote for me and send me to Delhi. Or else, I’ll remain in Mumbai.

Barkha Dutt - You the people. I request you to vote me in as PM. This nation is floating meaninglessly. It needs an anchor. Like me. I will not treat politics as a business. I’ll make it personal. Very personal. I will personally investigate every terror attack and fearlessly interrogate the er… victims. I’ll have no secrets and I’ll ensure that our nation too has none. After all, even terrorists count in the TRPs, don't they? I’ll cajole our industrialists to ensure that our economy is sensational. I’ll add melodrama to parliamentary proceedings thus making it prime-time viewing. I beg you for your vote. So, please vote for me. Or I’ll cry.

Considering I've plunged down to people like Barkha Dutt, I guess its time to end this series. Unless some fresh jokers enter politics.

Disclaimer : The above speeches are pure fiction. So it does not purport to represent the state of Indian politics, which is more about friction, factions & infractions.

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing....esp the "manoos & womanoos" part....!!

Rajtilak Bhattacharjee said...

Barkha had to be there :)

And what's with this Mamata Didi stuff Ramesh, don't you say anything about her. Cause if she gets to hear it, she would again make out life a living hell by calling another strike.

Hilarious to say the least, sarcastic to say the most (as if people won't understand if I won't say it, huh!).

Anonymous said...

" So please vote for me and send me to Delhi. Or else, I’ll remain in Mumbai."
LOL ,now thats some way,to ask for a vote.!!!

Anonymous said...

"So please vote for me and send me to Delhi. Or else, I’ll remain in Mumbai."

Brilliant writing. Captures the hopelessness of the average Mumbaikar so well!

Kiran said...

I dont know how you manage to outdo yourself in each and every post. But am I glad that you do! I'm still laughing by the way :D

Vishwas Krishna said...

Banning Mysore Pak! Ha ha ha ha ha. Very funny.

Bones said...

Amazing, absolutely amazing...

What's In A Name ? said...

Yes, once Miss and Mr Dutt is in the same fray...it's well advised to stop.

Anonymous said...

Man, you could be Seinfield or Russel of India...why dont you try that ? :P

Anonymous said...

was it woh manoos?? :P loved the series... :D

Jay said...

Excellent stuff.

aneri_masi said...

You gotta add Narendra Modi too...pleeeease, since folks now want Modi-fication! Pretty please!
These were brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Man! You are too good!! Too much!! Oodles of sarcasm in it, very funny and very nice the way you play with words!
I am going to be a regular here.
Madhav

Anonymous said...

I was laffing all the way to the bank, but that institution, saying 'Satyam Ever Jayate' showed me a Quit Indian Bank sign, like Munna's Bapu.
You are now being discussed in Rajasthani political circles. The word is out that "Shri Vats bahut Rummy-sha baat karte hain hum-maare bare mein. Unke liye va sundara raje-rvation kar dete hain. Kota main."
Great post, as usual.

Ramsay said...

Excellent. You cannot stop till the elections are over. And then you can regale us some more. I just can't stop reading you, especially the disclaimers.

Unknown said...

Excellent stuff. Come on! Don't stop now. Elections are far away and more interesting situations will conjure up!

maxdavinci said...

came here via the comment on my blog. fantastic stuff this is, subscribing!

Mamata didi should get the support of the autowallahs, she could organize a Himesh Reshammiya concert as well. They are his biggest fanbase afterall...

Smitha said...

Oh that was wonderful! I loved this the most - ' So please vote for me and send me to Delhi. Or else, I’ll remain in Mumbai.' That am sure will spur Mumbaikars to vote for him :)

Mihir said...

ROFLMAO at the BANerjee bit and at the 'plants'

But my fav is "send me to Delhi or I'll stay in Mumbai" :D

Anonymous said...

This was hilarious. Please keep it coming. How about an encore (you can cover the Gandhis, Samajwadi Party :) )

Chaos said...

Howlarious!! Now people are wondering why I am giggling at my code at work! ( I switched windows obviously!)

Heheheh

Chaos said...

Chaos is actually http://cluelessness.wordpress.com, the thing is not letting me sign in..

Ramesh Srivats said...

Thanks all.

@Dev Sonia stars in Part 1 of this series.

Asmyaham said...

great post...pun all the way...:)

A said...

Hey another joker entered policis, name is azhar-ud-din...comments?

SD said...

Superb Ramesh. Wonderful. Keep it going. Have linked this post in mine.

Anonymous said...

Good one and am glad to see the wonderful Barkha on these pages. BTW, there are some more candidates like Chiranjeevi, Kerala CM and his dog. You should also let your imagine run even more wild and consider the likes of Simi Garewal, Pakistani politicians, George W.Bush, Bin Laden etc trying to contest our elections!!!! That will be good fun

Indian Home Maker said...

:) Great ... LOL :)

But seriously, that's all speeches mean to them!!!

I agree with A above, how about Azharuddin's speech!!?

Anonymous said...

This is the best thing I read in ages.

Manoos and Womanoos. I am still laughing.

Anonymous said...

this is hilarious! i loved the sanjay dutt speech. btw, in kolkata i had seen a poster of Naam (i think) that read, Naam starring sonjoy dutta - hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Mysore Pak and Pak man ... too good

shivaprasad krishnan said...

ramesh..as always kept me in splits.you should try doing a CM aspirants' piece

Anonymous said...

Superb again!!! I came here from the first part via the second :)

You could try more about Jaya, Modi, Rahul, Amar Singh etc, am suggesting unmindful of the fact you have stopped with Burkha crying :-))

Monika said...

lol!!! i read all three and still laughing :)

Anonymous said...

i read all ur 3 pages
man they r toooo good
keep up the work
hoho..man i still cant stop laughing

Anonymous said...

Hilarious? Have you sent this to the TOI? I think they'll love it!

Post a Comment